Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Year 2010 - Utah Vacation


Happy New Year 2010!!!

Viva Las Vegas!!
WooHoo--
Breakfast of Champions :)
He Ruled, till he ate it---
Bill and The Instructor - Way to go Dudes!

Yahoo, I'm doing it!
Getting a tip, from my instructor--
Me and JP going up--
She is so cute :)
Just a little spill..
My little Man got an Award :)

We rang in the New Year "2010" celebrating with friends, it was a good time. We headed to Utah for a family ski vacation before the kids were back in school (they are off for 3 weeks for winter break). First stop was Vegas, to break up our 12 hour driving trip. We stayed overnight at the Hilton Flamingo Vacation Club Grand Resort, it was the BEST! We had a view out our window of the Belagio fountains, pretty cool. The jacuzzi was so much fun :)

On to Utah to visit family and ski some real snow. We got there late Sunday night and so Monday would be our first day of skiing. However, Jackie forgot her thermals so we stayed behind to go into town and find some (not an easy task, as they were sold out everywhere). Bill and Jack did a half day of skiing so all was good in the world. Tuesday was suppose to be a family ski day but, we over slept, so only Bill was able to go. He figured since we weren't there, he'd try snowboarding for the first time. He got a private lesson and headed out. Per him, he was doing Awesome, (I guess being high fived by 20 year olds helps) he headed to the black diamond with his posse and instructor. He was doing it alright until he got down to the bunny slope area and ate it big time. He was bandaged up by the ski patrol and I had to drive him to the nearest Hospital. Needles to say, he had to have emergency surgery on his right wrist which was broken and received a metal plate and 9 pins. He now has a metal spider in his arm, LOL. He is doing okay, is in pain, he says his arm reminds him everyday about his dreams of granduer. So for now, deployment in February is on hold.

The rest of our trip was great! I tried snowboarding for the first time and I thought I did great, no broken bones, just major bruising on my bum and hands. Jacqueline and I skiied together our last day and this is something I know how to do, but did eat it just once. She has become a good little skier and we had fun doing this together.

Were back home, kids are back in school (Jack got an award), Christmas decorations have been put away, with the exception of our Christmas tree...What to do, what to do, I guess I need to wait for the rain to stop!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

what about me!!!!!

Alicia said...

wow! What an adventure! Sounds like you had a great time up there. Poor Bill!